Back to School Foldable Freebie!!

Ok. This is my first video. I know…I know….DON’T LAUGH! Hahaha! There is nothing I despise more than having my picture taken, except now…..watching myself on video. I’ve gained ALOT of weight since my daughter was born (twelve years ago). When I picture myself in my head, I picture the much smaller me. I am brutally reminded that I am not that person when I see myself in pictures. Oh well, I’ll get over it because I LOVE seeing other people’s videos. It also makes it much easier to explain some of the harder things that I want to convey. It will be extremely handy when I’m wanting to show you how I explain certain concepts I’m teaching. Well here it goes….I hope you enjoy. (and NO, even though I have an accent, I’m not from Texas! Those are fighting words for us Okies. just kidding)

Hey! Like I said…No laughing! lol. So here are the pictures I promised you, that will give you step by step instructions.

Here is what you start out with.

Cut off the edges.

Now fold it like a hotdog.

Hamburger fold

Now fold it like a hamburger.

Fold each of the short edged ends into the center

Fold each of the short edged ends into the center.

It should look something like this.

Now go back to the hotdog fold.

Cut a little snip here so that you can get your scissors in there.

Start cutting at your “snip” point that you just did, and cut along the ridge down the middle of the middle two sections. See the picture below for starting and stopping points.

Only cut between my two fingers.

Now open up the middle where you’ve cut and fold it like a star (while still keeping it in the hotdog fold.

Now fold it into the booklet making sure to have the front and back covers on the outsides.

TaDa! You’re done!! Now download your freebie and try it for yourself! Make sure and leave me a comment to tell me what you think. I hope you have an amazing back to school time!

p.s. If you haven’t already clicked the “Follow” button or followed me via e-mail, you should really do that. With school getting back in session here in a little while, I’ll be having some great things to post about.

Photobucket

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Back to School Foldable Freebie!!

1. Shyra says:

Yay! Happy First video! May there be many more! Thanks for the freebie!

~Shyra
    6,7,8, Great!

2. Tina says:

Awesome foldable and video! Thank you for the idea!

3. smckay says:

Your idea is awesome and let me say SO ARE YOU. I know what it feels like to look at photos of yourself….I too have a 12 year old. I want her to feel beautiful no matter what…so I must learn that lesson myself. I read somewhere on Pinterest today (yeah, me too) that you should love your body because it is the only one you have…I have been repeating it to myself all day:)

4. Patty Rutenbar says:

I loved your video. Very natural and comfortable. I felt like you and I were sitting together at you kitchen table. I have made foldables like that before, but your directions were much clearer.
    Thanks, Patty

5. Jody says:

Great idea AND great video! Thank you for sharing your special talents with us! I so agree with Patty that you were so natural and made us feel comfortable and welcome. Beautiful video….beautiful you! :)

6. csteach says:

This will keep the nervous ones busy. Thanks.

7. Pingback: Divisibility Rules Foldable 2012 | For The Love of Teaching Math

8. Linda says:

#1: Excellent, spot on directions for your foldable: I did it easily in a few minutes.

#2: No one would laugh; intelligence & sharing w/ fellow teachers is always beautiful…as beautiful as you

#3: I can’t wait to share the divisibilty foldable w/ my students

*Thank you!

9. Camille says:

Thanks so much for sharing your foldable – it’s great! Just thought I’d share the method I use to have my kids fold booklets like this, because I think it’s a little easier to do, and maybe to explain. :) After you’ve done your folds but before cutting, if you go back to the hamburger fold, you can just have the students cut right through the center of their paper along the line till they get to the fold (they’ll be cutting through 2 layers of paper and going halfway across). Open it back up and they’ve got their cut made and can fold their book. You can even have them tear the line this way rather than cut it if they don’t have scissors handy. Tearing doesn’t look as nice, but it works! I used to use these little “poof books” with 2nd grade students as blank books to write facts in, etc. We would just take a blank paper and fold as you described, then from the hamburger fold, tear across the center to the other fold. Thanks again for sharing!

10. Diana says:

Great idea. I agree with Camille. I make this staple-free book with my students often. I also fold to hamburger and cut 1/2 way down the middle instead of the snip and stick in the scissors. Looking forward to the start of another great year!!!

11. Debbie says:

Your foldables are amazing! I have printed several off. This one will be an awesome first of school event to learn about my students! You are great and so is your video and detailed written directions! Keep up the awesome sharing! I love it as I know others do too!

12. Sheri says:

Your foldables are FANTASTIC, and your directions are simple to follow. Thank you so much for sharing!

13. sherri klennert says:

Thank you for this great foldable. My students will enjoy creating something to help them remember the divisibility rules.

14. Pingback: TpT Freebies for Tutors #9

15. Rhonda K. Cook says:

Love this idea…thank you so much…this is a great way to get to know your students…thanks. I will use this foldable for our reading assignments. Love it!